Download Digilocker App
Digital Locker Digital Locker or Digilocker Digilocker can be a very virtual locker, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in July 2015.
The Digital Locker was launched under the Digital India campaign. To open a Digilocker account, you need to have an Aadhaar card. Residents of the nation can store any administration authentication with PAN card, citizen ID, identification etc in Digilocker.
How to create an account on Digilocker
- First visit digilocker.gov.in or Digitallocker.gov.in.
- After this, click on check in on the right.
- Enter your mobile number and a new page will open there.
- Digilocker will then send an OTP to the mobile number you entered.
- Then set your username and password.
- You will now use Digilocker.
You can also use the Digilocker app by downloading it from Android’s Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
According to the Digilocker website, Digilocker has 130 million registered users so far. So far 19 million documents have been uploaded on Digilocker and about 6.6 lakh documents have been e-signed.
How to upload documents in Digilocker?
- Login to Digilocker.
- Go to the uploaded documents on the left and click upload.
- Write a quick description about the document
- Then click the upload button.
- On Digilocker, you will store your driver’s license etc. documents along with your 10th, 12th, graduation marksheet. Keep in mind that you can only upload documents up to a maximum of 50 MB and you can also upload documents by creating a folder.
As of late, the Central Transport Department gave an order to the traffic police saying that Digilocker’s archives would likewise be legitimate for check. Earlier, Indian Railways had also accepted Digilocker’s documents for verification. You will show the documents of Digilocker at the time of checking during traffic police, railway journey.