Have you lost your PAN card?
Whether it is a bank job or any other financial transaction, PAN card is considered as an important document for all these activities. But often when our PAN card is lost due to haste or negligence, there is a problem in transacting. Losing a PAN card can be a daunting task. In this case, if your PAN card is lost somewhere, you can apply online and get a duplicate. Let us tell you, once the PAN card is lost, how to recover it. The duplicate PAN facility can be availed by the same PAN card holders who had earlier started their PAN application process through www.nsdlegov.in or the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department. Under this process, cardholders will have to provide their email address along with their registered mobile number in their original PAN application to get OTP and complete the process.
Once the application for duplicate PAN card is completed, it will be sent to the address of the available cardholder along with the income tax department.
Here’s the means by which to apply for a copy PAN card on the web
- Visit the Income Tax Department’s Tax Notification Network at https://www.tin-nsdl.com.
- Click on the PAN Reprint option.
- Selecting the page option will open a new tab in front of you.
- Enter the page description, base number and date of birth on the option that opens.
- You have to pay Rs 50 to reprint the page. Duplicate PAN card will have to pay Rs 959 for delivery abroad.
- After entering the caps code, click on the submit option.
- Then choose e-mail, mobile or both where your OTP is to be sought.
- Click on Generate OTP option and send to OTP Register Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Once you have received the OTP, click Submit. Keep in mind that OTP is only valid for 10 minutes.
- Select payment option. Click Payment Confirmation to be redirected to the payment gateway.
- After successful payment you click on Generate and Print option to print the payment receipt.
- After the completion of the entire process, an SMS with a receipt number will be sent to your mobile number. You can download the PAN card through the link in the SMS.
- If your PAN card has fallen into the wrong hands, you can prevent its misuse. You have to be a little more careful.
It is safe to keep the PAN card this way
- You can check from Form 26AS whether there is an anonymous transaction with your page. Check who pays taxes there. If the PAN card is lost, file an FIR immediately.