How Much Balance In Pf Account
If you want to know the balance of your PF account, you don’t have to go anywhere or worry about it. You can also know the balance by miscalling from your registered number. The balance of your PF account will be displayed on your mobile screen as soon as you make a missed call. You will have to make a missed call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number. Details will then be sent to you via SMS from EPFO. Keep in mind that this feature requires you to have a UAN, PAN and Aadhaar card link.
This is the whole process
If your UAN number is registered with EPFO, you can get PF balance information via SMS. To do this, write EPFOHO UAN ENG (the last 3 letters are in the language) on 7738299899. After which the information of PAP account will be received through message. If you want information in Hindi, you have to write EPFOHO UAN HIN.
The PF Balance service is available in English, Punjabi, Marathi, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali. For PF balance it is required that UAN, PAN, bank account and Aadhaar card should be linked.
You can check the balance on your passbook on EPFO’s website. Must have a UAN number to view the passbook.
This process is necessary to know the balance online
- To know the UAN number you have to go to EPFO’s website www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Select Services in Home Pace, go to For Employees section, then go to Services section and click on Member UAN / Online Service (OCS / OTCP).
- Doing so will open a new page, in which you have to enter your registered mobile number and validate the captcha OTP.
- If OTP validation is successful, a new page will open in which you have to enter your name and date of birth.
- After which the member ID or Aadhaar or PAN number will have to be entered and the captcha will have to be filled again. Then click on Show My UAN.
- After clicking your UAN number will be sent to the registered mobile number.
What is a UAN number?
UAN number is Universal Account Number. This is a unique number that should be reported to all PF account holders. All employees need a UAN number. Through this number the employee can easily get the PM account details from anywhere.
Advantages of UAN number
Even if you have one or more PF accounts after changing jobs, the UAN number will remain the same. The employee can do any work connected to the PF account through UAN number. With this number you can do online PF withdrawal, online PF transfer, KYC update, UAN card, PF passbook.